Sunday 16 February 2014

A Weekend with Lucy

No, I have not left my good lady for another women, although Lucy did steal my heart 8 years ago along with all of our other grandchildren:-) when she entered our lives.

Lucy, is our eldest granddaughter, and came to stay with us for the weekend


Its been a while since we have had any of the grandchildren to stay, since my unexpected holiday last year at Colchester general. However, Saturday morning we took the short drive to Colchester to pick her up, and off we all went to Colchester Zoo. We had to dodge a few showers, but the Zoo was not too busy, so we all had a great time.
I must just mention that whilst walking in the Zoo, a mother and child walked past us in the opposite direction, now I'm not to sure what the conversation was about as I only caught the last sentence from the mother, which went along the lines of "Yes, like daddy's mum, but with less mental health issues".
The mind boggles.














So after we left the Zoo, we did partake of a little retail therapy for Lucy and took her clothes shopping, and she may be only 8, but she knows how to shop like a woman for clothes.


So Sunday arrived, bright and sunny, so after some craft time with Nanny in the morning, she then took Lucy over the local park. I did warn of the torrential rain we have had, and the likely state of the field, but was I listened to ? what me a mortal man, not a chance.

On their return I did hose them down at the door to try to get some of the mud off.

Now what to do this afternoon ? Now Lucy is already a well traveled Lady, having been to Florida, and has took her first cruise out there. She has  also been a regular theatre attendee.But, She has not yet been to the cinema. So we took a short visit across the county border to Ipswich where we saw The Lego Movie, which we all enjoyed.

And so the weekend draws to a close and tomorrow afternoon we must return Lucy home having enjoyed her company all weekend.

Thank you Lucy, from Nanny & Pops xxxx



No comments:

Post a Comment