Wednesday 30 April 2014

Easter with the Middleton's

Well OK, slightly misleading, as it should have been Eater IN Middleton (Suffolk).

It was one of those rare occasions, that my rest days lined up with the bank holiday, and I had all four days off, so we booked a cottage (The Granary) in this very pretty village via Suffolk Secrets


Our drive up was via Stowmarket for lunch, so arriving later afternoon, it was time for a quick bite to eat and open the bottle bubbly we had taken with us.













Saturday, saw us up early, and off to RSPB Minsmere (we are both members).

We must have walked 5 miles that day (did get a little bit lost at one stage), but the weather was glorious. lots of birds to see, and so many differing habitats.


















































So after our five miles, it was the short journey back to the cottage, and there was still sufficient warmth in the sun to sit in the garden, with a glass of chilled white.

We awoke Sunday, to grey skies, and not very pleasant weather, we decide to drive to Dunwich, but due to the weather, it was one of the bleakest places I have been to.












So we then took a drive up the A12 to Southwold



Although the weather was not much brighter in this part of the world, it was very busy, and we spent a couple of hours walking on the front and in the town.
By now it was lunch time, so we headed back to the car to hunt down an eatery.

We found a very nice pub The White Hart on the A12. You can always tell how good the food is, and yes it was packed, but we managed to secure the last table for Sunday lunch, and excellent it was to.

And so back to the cottage, and this is were the weekend took a bit of a nose dive.
I have been suffering an ongoing infection that had raised its head in differing disguises for about a month now, but I had only said to Sue on the Saturday that I was feeling much better, and maybe I had "cracked it" .
Arriving back at the cottage I did not feel at all well and took to my bed at two in the afternoon, and got up 8am the following morning

We arrived back home on bank holiday Monday, after not finding too much traffic, and it was back to work on Tuesday for a day shift.
To cut a long story short, late Tuesday evening, I was being conveyed in an Ambulance to Colchester General Hospital, where its turns out that I have Pneumonia, and staying for a few days On IV drips etc.
But now I'm back at home, and in recovery phase, which I hope will not be too long, as the next cruise bekones.

No comments:

Post a Comment