Tuesday 27 May 2014

Fred Olsen MS Braemar Part V

This is now the second version of this blog as my IPad decided not to import my photos, so I had to switch it off, and hence lost my unfinished blog, so let's see if I can remember "wot I rote" ;-) 

Early this morning, I posted on my Face Book page that we were arriving in Santander to blue skies, and hoped for some good weather for the day. Well, I will not be doing that again as it has not stopped raining since. 
It seems our "walking tour" yesterday had caused quite a stir on board, and I think Fred HQ in Ipswich will be receiving a few letters next week.
Today even when picking up the stickers for today's tour, the young lass from the shore ex team gave an exasperated look when the tour was mentioned.

But today's tour was Medieval Villages and when we reached the dockside, our coach was waiting for us.
Our first stop was at Santillana del Mar and the brochure this time was correct, and what a pretty village is was too. Even with the drizzle, it's charm still shone through


So after nearly two hours we returned to the coach and on to our next stop of Comillas

This was a not so old village, but did have some very nice property

By now the weather and another 1.5 hours walk had taken its toil on most passengers as we made our way back to the relief of the coach and return journey back to the ship.

We set sail for our next port at 1630 and arrived at Getxo at........






2030, the shortest trip between two ports I have ever had on a cruise ship :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment