Monday 12 May 2014

Team Aylott

As we meander through our lives, events happen that cause us to be sad, grief, divorce, illness, the list can go on and on.

However, nature tries to balance these sad times, by including some good times, now for regular readers of my blog, you will know that I have had a brush with Mr C, and more recently a couple of spells in hospital.
Now I'm sure your thinking how can these be good times ? Well they were not, but the support of my family and friends, is as they say "priceless".

When you are sitting in the Hematology Lounge, as the staff administer the IV Chemo, or laying in a hospital bed, with tubes coming out of most parts of your body. It is the support and love that you get from your family and friends, that get you through the tough times.

It is really difficult to put into words, how much this means, but if you have been there, you will know what I mean.

Over the past few years, "Team Aylott" as I now call them, have helped me raise funds (by various methods) for Leukaemia Care, a small charity that is obviously close to my heart.

This Sunday (11th May) was the Tour de Tendring, and Team Aylott again picked up the baton to raise funds.



L to R
Hayley Lambert, Mike Evans, Matthew Mallett, Zoe Mallett, Kevin Ward, Sarah Roberts, Pete Gerard, Di Gerard, Kirsty Lucas

The weather on Sunday, was not conducive to a cycle ride, as there were strong winds, and rain, but even carrying a few injuries, they made their allotted 20 or 60 mile route, and  I am very proud of them all.
Some of the more foolhardy are even going to take part in the Harwich Tri Sprint late this month, so if you think their efforts yesterday, or what will take place next month, is worth a donation, then you can find us Here.

Now you don't have to ride a bike to raise funds, as was shown by Trevor and Sue Smith, who raised funds at a caravan rally they organised.
Trevor was also the person to introduce me to Social Media years ago, so if you don't like my blogs, its all Trevors fault ;-)

And so finally, a very heart felt "THANK YOU" to all who have supported and helped me over the years, you are all part of Team Aylott, and I feel blessed to know you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment