Saturday 10 January 2015

Cirque du Soleil

After my rambling on my last blog, I had  forgotten that we had booked tickets, some time ago to go to see  Kooza, which is the latest show from Cirque du Soleil, and is being performed at The Royal Albert Hall.

I had seen many Cirque du Soleil shows on TV, and if my memory serves me correct, there was even a documentary series on one the channels on Sky some time ago, so this had been added to my bucket list.

We had booked tickets for the matinee performance on Friday  9th January and instead of taking the train to London, decide to treat ourselves by booking an executive car to take us there from Executive Logistics, a company I have used before to take us down to Southampton etc.

So just after midday, Steve ( who we have known from previous trips) arrived in his E class Mercedes to take us to London.

Trying to miss some of the traffic on a Friday afternoon at the bottom of the M11, we went through Walthamstow and then on to Tottenham.

It all got a bit nostalgic as I was born in Walthamstow, so passing the Town Hall and Lloyds Park, and driving along Forest Road where my mother used to live, and all the public houses I used to drink in as a young lad (18 of course). Ah the memories came flooding back.

But we soon arrived, and had a few minutes to spare before the doors opened, so we popped across the road.

























And there sitting in all his glory was the newly refurbish Prince Albert.

It was then time for the doors to open and we went inside and I purchased two of the most expensive glasses of wine to drink ( I'll never learn)


You can see a very short video of the show here

Before "curtain up"  the "clowns" came out and mingled with the audience as part of the warm up, and very funny they were.

The show of course is circused based, but it certainly had you on the edge of your seats some times. If you have watched the short video above, you will have seen two guys on what I can only describe as two very large wheels that spin about an axis. They are very nearly at the top of the Albert Hall when they are vertical, and the performers do "fly" above the wheels..

I am sure you will all have seen the acrobats and two of the larger ones jump on the end of a seesaw, and sends the person at the opposite end up in the air.

Its fairly standard in any circus, but in this one they wear  6 foot stilts, get thrown up in the air, and incorporate a few somersaults as well.

So all in all a very good two hours of entertainment, and highly recommended.
If you can't get to London, I believe they are going on tour around the UK once they have finished at the Royal Albert hall.

Enjoy


No comments:

Post a Comment